Senior Living in Bryant, Indiana
Top zip codes in Bryant, IN: 47326
- Bryant scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Bryant scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Jay County Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Chalet Village Health and Rehabilitation Center, Swiss Village, Inc., and Crownpointe of Portland.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Wabash Valley Golf Club, Portland Country Club, and Bluewater Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Limberlost State Memorial and AMISHVILLE USA CAMPGROUNDS).
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including St Mary of the Presentation, First United Methodist Church, and Akins Charles Rev.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,659, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,524, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,693, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.28%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bryant receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bryant has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bryant has a very sparse population density of 34.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bryant have an average daily commute time.
- Bryant has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.27%.