Senior Living in Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bryn Athyn, PA: 19009
- Bryn Athyn scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bryn Athyn scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 35 hospitals within close range of the city, including Holy Redeemer Hosp And Med Ctr, Abington Memorial Hospital, and Fox Chase Cancer Center.
- There are 254 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gloria Dei Retirement Communities, ManorCare Health Services-Huntingdon Valley, and The Manor & Manor Court.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1323 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 173 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowbrook Country Club, North Course at Philmont Country Club, and Centennial/Toomey Course at Huntingdon Valley Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Lorimer Park, Benjamin Rush State Park, and Pennypack Park.
- There are 469 churches in or near the city, including Memorial Baptist Church, Huntingdon Valley Methodist, and St John the Evangelist Angl.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 673 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 26 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 350 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $99,272, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $79,107, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,967, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.45%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bryn Athyn receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bryn Athyn has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Bryn Athyn has an average population density of 664.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bryn Athyn have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bryn Athyn has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.91%.