Senior Living in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bryn Mawr, PA: 19010
- Bryn Mawr scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bryn Mawr scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 53 hospitals within close range of the city, including Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr Campus, Mercy Community Hospital, and Main Line Hospital Lankenau.
- There are 221 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden LivingCenter - Rosemont, Bryn Mawr Extended Care Center, and Bryn Mawr Terrace.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1432 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 179 golf courses in or around the city, including Overbrook Golf Club, Overbrook Golf Club, and Radnor Valley Country Club.
- There are 27 parks near the city center, including Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens, Rose Tree Park, and Valley Forge National Historical Park.
- There are 684 churches in or near the city, including Our Mother of Good Counsel, St Thomas of Villanova Rectory, and Church of the Good Shepherd.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 967 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 49 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 462 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $164,415, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $98,273, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $60,150, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.22%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bryn Mawr receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bryn Mawr has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Bryn Mawr has a dense population density of 2,503.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bryn Mawr have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bryn Mawr has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.61%.