Senior Living in Buchanan, Georgia
Top zip codes in Buchanan, GA: 30113
- Buchanan scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Buchanan scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Higgins General Hospital and Polk Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Southern Traditions, Countryside Health Center, and Georgia Living Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Tallapoosa Municipal Golf Club, Lion Golf Club, The, and Maple Creek Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Golden River RV Park, Goodwin Conservation Project, and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Salem Baptist Church, Kingdom Rock Family Worship, and Fountain-love & Praise Worship.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,793, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,189, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,899, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.92%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buchanan receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Buchanan has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Buchanan has a very sparse population density of 60.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buchanan have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Buchanan has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 66.96%.