Senior Living in Buchanan, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Buchanan, TN: 38222
- Buchanan scores higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Buchanan scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Henry County Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Benchmark Healthcare of Puryear, Morningside of Paris, and Henry County Healthcare Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (41% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Paris Landing State Park Golf Course, Futures Golf Club, and Paris Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Paris Landing / Kentucky Lake KOA, Eagle\'s Nest Campground, and Little Eagle Rv Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Puryear Church of Christ, Hazel Church of Christ, and Paris Community of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,264, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,264, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,693, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,088 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.48%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buchanan receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Buchanan has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Buchanan has a very sparse population density of 37.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buchanan have a long daily commute time.
- Buchanan has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.03%.