Senior Living in Buchtel, Ohio
Top zip codes in Buchtel, OH: 45716
- Buchtel scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Buchtel scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Doctors Hospital Of Nelsonville and O\'bleness Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Lindley Inn Assisted Living Community, Hickory Creek of Athens, and The Laurels of Athens.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Forest Hills Golf Course, Elm Golf Course, and Athens Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Trimble Wilderness Area, Happy Hills Campground, and Burr Oak State Park.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Adams Tracy, Abundant Life Church, and Alexander Presbyterian Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $44,208, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $30,000, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,907, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.60%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buchtel receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Buchtel has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Buchtel has an average population density of 1,208.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buchtel have a very short daily commute time.
- Buchtel has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.70%.