Senior Living in Buck Creek, Indiana
Top zip codes in Buck Creek, IN: 47924
- Buck Creek scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Buck Creek scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Elizabeth East, Indiana University Health Arnett Hospital, and Greater Lafayette Health Serv.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Victory Health and Rehab of Battle Ground, Rosewalk Commons, and Aster Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Lafayette Country Club(Lafayette Course at Lafayette Country Club ), Lafayette Municipal Golf Course, and Carroll County Country Club.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Wolfe\'s Leisure Time Campground, Prophetstown State Park, and Tippecanoe Battlefield Memorial.
- There are 73 churches in or near the city, including Faith Baptist Church, St Ann\'s Church, and Jehovah\'s Witnesses.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 51 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,348, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,083, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,942, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,640 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $115,796 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,476 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buck Creek receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Buck Creek has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Buck Creek has a dense population density of 1,784.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buck Creek have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Buck Creek has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.