Senior Living in Buckhead, Georgia
Top zip codes in Buckhead, GA: 30625
- Buckhead scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Buckhead scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Morgan Memorial Hospital and Minnie G Boswell Mem Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oconee House, Savannah Court of Lake Oconee, and The Madison House Senior Living.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Port Armor Country Club, Harbor Club Golf & Country Club, and Bluff / Ridge Course at National at Reynolds Plantation, The.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Parks Ferry Public Recreation Area, Northshore Resort, and Country Boys RV Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Episcopal Church of Advent, Action Ministries, and Christ\'s City of Faith.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.30% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,196, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,925, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,015, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,750 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $66,978 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,566 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.30%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buckhead receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Buckhead has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Buckhead has a very sparse population density of 53.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buckhead have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Buckhead has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.22%.