Senior Living in Buckland, Ohio
Top zip codes in Buckland, OH: 45819
- Buckland scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Buckland scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Joint Township District Memorial Hospital).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Auglaize Acres Nursing Center, Wapakoneta Manor, and The Gardens at Wapakoneta.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Wapakoneta Country Club, Shawnee Country Club, and Oak\'s Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Winona Lake Swim & Tennis Club, Wapakoneta KOA, and Lakewood Village Resort.
- There are 47 churches in or near the city, including Buckland United Chr of Christ, Hillsdale Baptist Church, and First Church of the Nazarene.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.36% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $38,995, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,321, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,348, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.50%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buckland receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Buckland has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Buckland has an average population density of 906.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buckland have a short daily commute time.
- Buckland has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.63%.