Senior Living in Buckley, Illinois
Top zip codes in Buckley, IL: 60918
- Buckley scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Buckley scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Creekside Prairie , Paxton Healthcare and Rehab, LLC, and Heartland Health Care Center-Paxton.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakeview Country Club, Shagbark Golf Course, and Railside Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Green Acres Sportsman Club Inc, Lake Arrowhead Camp Ground, and Pells Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Immanuel Lutheran Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.72% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,991, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,420, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,349, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.79%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buckley receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Buckley has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Buckley has a very sparse population density of 17.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buckley have a long daily commute time.
- Buckley has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.07%.