Senior Living in Buckley, Washington
Top zip codes in Buckley, WA: 98321
- Buckley scores lower than the Washington average of 68.
- Buckley scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Good Samaritan Hospital & Rehab Center).
- There are 84 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage House-Mountain View, Heritage House, and Foothills Adult Family Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 49 golf courses in or around the city, including Tapps Island Golf Course, Sumner Meadows Golf Links, and Sumner Meadows Golf Links.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including South Prairie Creek RV Park, Viking Park, and Riverside Park Disc Golf Course.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Bonney Lake Seventh-Day Church, Bonney Lake Community Church, and Bonney Lake Seventh-Day Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 70 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.74% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,896, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,922, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,761, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.02%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buckley receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Buckley has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Buckley has a sparse population density of 420.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buckley have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Buckley has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.13%.