Senior Living in Buckner, Missouri
Top zip codes in Buckner, MO: 64016
- Buckner scores significantly higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Buckner scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Mary\'s Medical Center, Centerpoint Medical Center Of Independence, Llc, and Medical Center Of Independence.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Shangri-La Rehab And Living Center, Blue Hills Rest Home, Inc., and St. Mary\'s Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 144 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Adams Point Golf Club, Country Club Of Blue Springs, The, and Bent Oak Golf Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Lake City Range, Fort Osage National Historic Landmark, and Burr Oak Woods Nature Center.
- There are 84 churches in or near the city, including Living Waters Family Worship, Catholic Church-Santa Fe, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 39 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,308, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,268, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,189, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,770 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $59,860 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.54%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buckner receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Buckner has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Buckner has a sparse population density of 145.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buckner have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Buckner has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.28%.