Senior Living in Buffalo Gap, Texas
Top zip codes in Buffalo Gap, TX: 79508
- Buffalo Gap scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Buffalo Gap scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Abilene Regional Medical Center and Abilene Psychiatric Center).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mesa Springs Retirement Village, Wesley Court Methodist Retirement Community, and Royal Estates of Abilene.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Gilmer Country Club, Fairway Oaks Country Club, and Abilene Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Texas Parks & Wildlife, Abilene State Park, and Wylie Little League Baseball and Softball Fieldss.
- There are 53 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Beltway Park Baptist, and Caps Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,182, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,896, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,347, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,450 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $57,853 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $7,405 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.93%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buffalo Gap receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Buffalo Gap has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- Buffalo Gap has a sparse population density of 104.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buffalo Gap have a short daily commute time.
- Buffalo Gap has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.20%.