Senior Living in Buffalo, Iowa
Top zip codes in Buffalo, IA: 52728
- Buffalo scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Buffalo scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Trinity Rock Island and Trinity Medical Center).
- There are 33 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ridgecrest Village, Good Samaritan Society - Davenport, and Courtyard Estates of Walcott.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Credit Island Golf Course, Emeis Municipal Golf Course, and Pinnacle Country Club.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Camp Loud Thunder, West Lake Park, and Scott County Conservation Department.
- There are 79 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Lutheran Church, Andalusia Community Baptist, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,890, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,298, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,395, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,142 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,970 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,769 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.76%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buffalo receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Buffalo has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Buffalo has an average population density of 696.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buffalo have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Buffalo has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.66%.