Senior Living in Buffalo, Illinois
Top zip codes in Buffalo, IL: 62515
- Buffalo scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Buffalo scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alter-Care Assisted Living, Wyndcrest Assisted Living, and Vonderlieth Living Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Lincoln Greens Golf Course, Oaks Golf Course, and Oaks Golf Course.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Body of Christ of Buffalo, South Tower Community Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.36% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,595, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,000, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,006, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,140 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,585 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.12%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buffalo receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Buffalo has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Buffalo has a very sparse population density of 15.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buffalo have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Buffalo has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.67%.