Senior Living in Buffalo, Indiana
Top zip codes in Buffalo, IN: 47925
- Buffalo scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Buffalo scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (White County Memorial Hospital and White County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Monticello Healthcare, Lakeview Village Senior Living, and Parkview Haven Retirement Community.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine View Golf Course(Pine Island Course at Pine View Golf Course ), Tippecanoe Country Club, and Hollow Acres Golf Center.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Tall Oaks Family Campground, Lost Acres RV Park, and Acorn Oaks Campground.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Amana Baptist Church, Kingdom Hall-Jehovah\'s Witness, and Haase Donald L.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,581, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,990, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $15,245, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.69%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buffalo receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Buffalo has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Buffalo has a sparse population density of 433.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buffalo have a very short daily commute time.
- Buffalo has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.12%.