Senior Living in Buffalo, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Buffalo, MN: 55313
- Buffalo scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Buffalo scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Buffalo Hospital and New River Medical Center).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cottagewood Senior Communities Assisted Living, Lake Ridge Care Center of Buffalo, and Park View Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Buffalo Heights Golf Course, Wild Marsh Golf Club, and Fox Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Sturges Park, Lake Rebecca Park Reserve, and 4th Street Park.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including Immanuel Lutheran Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and St Francis Catholic Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.94% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,109, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,127, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,682, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.11%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buffalo receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Buffalo has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Buffalo has a sparse population density of 213.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buffalo have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Buffalo has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.15%.