Senior Living in Buffalo, New York
- Buffalo scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Buffalo scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 17 hospitals within close range of the city, including Millard Fillmore Gates Hosp, Brylin Hospitals, and Erie County Medical Center.
- There are 83 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Terrace View Long Term Care Facility, Niagara Lutheran Health System, and St Catherine Laboure Health Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 529 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Delaware Park Course, Cazenovia Golf Course, and Grover Cleveland Golf Course.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Martin Luther King, Jr. Park, The Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site, and Delaware Park.
- There are 338 churches in or near the city, including Cedar Grove Baptist Church, Lewis Joe A, and Antioch Baptist Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 333 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 141 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,271, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,942, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,770, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.80%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buffalo receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Buffalo has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Buffalo has a dense population density of 5,492.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buffalo have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Buffalo has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.49%.