Senior Living in Buffalo, Ohio
Top zip codes in Buffalo, OH: 43722
- Buffalo scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Buffalo scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Southeastern Ohio Regional Medical Center and Appalachian Behavioral Hlth).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Red Carpet Healthcare Center, Cardinal Place , and Meridian at Cambridge.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Cambridge Country Club, Robins\' Ridge Golf Course, and Salt Fork State Park Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Buffalo Hills Resort, Seneca Lake Park, and Spring Valley Campground.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Bateshill Church of Christ, Churches of Christ-christian, and Abundant Life Pentecostal Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $21,293, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $20,972, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $10,617, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buffalo receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Buffalo has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Buffalo has an average population density of 562.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buffalo have a very short daily commute time.
- Buffalo has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.13%.