Senior Living in Buford, Georgia
- Buford scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Buford scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Northside Hospital Forsyth, Baptist Medical Center, and Gwinnett Medical Center.
- There are 91 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Buford, Brookdale South Lee Buford, and Pruitthealth - Lanier.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 281 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 76 golf courses in or around the city, including Sugar Hill Golf Club, Renaissance PineIsle Resort, and Emerald Pointe Golf Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Bogan Park Community Recreation & Aquatic Center, Shoal Creek Campground, and Lake Lanier Islands Park.
- There are 119 churches in or near the city, including First United Methodist Church, Poplar Hill Baptist Church, and Union Baptist Church.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 151 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.55% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $82,700, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,835, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,101, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.34%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buford receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Buford has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Buford has an average population density of 1,149.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buford have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Buford has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.67%.