Senior Living in Buhler, Kansas
Top zip codes in Buhler, KS: 67522
- Buhler scores significantly higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Buhler scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Promise Regional Medical Center Hutchinson Inc and Summit Surgical Llc).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunshine Meadows Retirement Community, Pleasant View Home, and Heartland Haven.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Midway Golf Course, Prairie Dunes Country Club, and Highlands Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Goats Rock Ranch, Dillon Nature Center, and Pete\'s Puddle.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, Father\'s House, and Eastwood Church of Christ.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,276, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,403, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,263, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.80%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buhler receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Buhler has average mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Buhler has a very sparse population density of 33.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buhler have a short daily commute time.
- Buhler has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.66%.