Senior Living in Bullock, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Bullock, NC: 27507
- Bullock scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Bullock scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Granville Medical Center and Granville Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sentara MeadowView Terrace, UHC-Oxford, and Brantwood Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Kinderton Country Club, Thorndale Country Club, and Kerr Lake Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Old Soudan Wildlife Management Area, Occoneechee State Park, and Camp Oak Hill & Retreat Center.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Aaron Creek Baptist Church and Dial A Prayer).
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,000, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,750, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,309, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $67,525 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,025 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.21%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bullock receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bullock has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bullock has a very sparse population density of 40.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bullock have a very long daily commute time.
- Bullock has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.29%.