Senior Living in Bulverde, Texas
Top zip codes in Bulverde, TX: 78163
- Bulverde scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Bulverde scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including South Texas Spine And Surgical Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, and North Central Baptist Hospital.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including AutumnGrove Cottage Stone Oak, Creekside Personal Care Home, and Franklin Park Stone Oak.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 95 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Rebecca Creek Golf Course, Canyon Springs Golf Club, and Club At Sonterra, The -South - Deer Canyon.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Guadalupe River State Park, Guadalupe River RV Park & Campgrounds, and Natural Bridge Caverns.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Bulverde Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and St Paul Lutheran Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 32 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 33 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.67% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $110,478, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $94,861, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,338, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,000 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,230 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.27%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bulverde receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bulverde has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bulverde has a sparse population density of 127.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bulverde have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bulverde has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.48%.