Senior Living in Buncombe, Illinois
Top zip codes in Buncombe, IL: 62912
- Buncombe scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Buncombe scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Union County Hospital and Choate Mental Health Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including River To River Residential Community of Anna, Hillview Health Care Center, and Autumn Ridge Supported Living.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Union County Country Club, Gambit Golf Club, and Midland Hills Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Ferne Clyffe, Hilltop Campground Inc, and Cache River State Natural Area.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Anna Church of God, Alto Pass Pentecostal Church, and Freedom Outreach School.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.33% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,563, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,188, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,958, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.45%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Buncombe receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Buncombe has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Buncombe has a very sparse population density of 22.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Buncombe have a long daily commute time.
- Buncombe has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.34%.