Senior Living in Bunker Hill, Illinois
Top zip codes in Bunker Hill, IL: 62014
- Bunker Hill scores significantly higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Bunker Hill scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Community Memorial Hospital, Saint Anthony\'s Health Center, and Saint Anthony\'s Health Center.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including South Lawn Sheltered Care, The Glenwood of Staunton, and Heritage Health-Gillespie.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Gillespie Country Club, Cloverleaf Golf Course, and Grandvue Golf Course.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Lutheran Church, St John\'s United Church, and Cornerstone Assembly of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.62% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,269, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,083, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,122, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.45%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bunker Hill receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bunker Hill has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Bunker Hill has a very sparse population density of 69.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bunker Hill have a long daily commute time.
- Bunker Hill has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.54%.