Senior Living in Bunker Hill, Indiana
Top zip codes in Bunker Hill, IN: 46914
- Bunker Hill scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Bunker Hill scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Dukes Memorial Hospital, St Joseph Hospital & Health Center Inc, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Catered Living Independent and Assisted Living, Aperion Care Peru, and Blair Ridge Health Campus.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Gissom AFB Golf Club, Rock Hollow Golf Club, and Peru Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Maconaquah Park and Honey Bear Hollow Family Camp).
- There are 51 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Anglican Catholic Church of Holy Trinity, and First Church of God.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,430, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,938, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,242, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.16%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bunker Hill receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bunker Hill has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bunker Hill has a sparse population density of 170.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bunker Hill have an average daily commute time.
- Bunker Hill has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.83%.