Senior Living in Bunker Hill, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Bunker Hill, WV: 25413
- Bunker Hill scores significantly lower than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Bunker Hill scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jefferson Memorial Hospital, City Hospital, and Martinsburg Va Medical Center.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Grenich Care Home, Hilltop House, and Envoy of Winchester.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 136 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Locust Hills Golf Course, Sleepy Hollow Golf & Country Club, and Carper\'s Valley Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Poor House Farm Park, Jim Barnett Park, and Candy Hill Campground.
- There are 69 churches in or near the city, including Mountain View Church-Brethern, Bunker Hill United Methodist, and St Leo Roman Catholic.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 73 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,967, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,399, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,475, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.36%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bunker Hill receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bunker Hill has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bunker Hill has a sparse population density of 336.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bunker Hill have a very long daily commute time.
- Bunker Hill has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.29%.