Senior Living in Bunnell, Florida
Top zip codes in Bunnell, FL: 32110
- Bunnell scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Bunnell scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Floridal Hospital - Flagler and Florida Hospital Flagler).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Flagler Health and Rehabilitation Center, Benton Village of Palm Coast, and S and B Kingdom Care.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Lakes Country Club, Grand Haven Golf Club, and Cypress Knoll Golf Club Course at Ocean Hammock Resort.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Community Baptist Church, First United Methodist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,666, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,660, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,147, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,450 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.23%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bunnell receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bunnell has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bunnell has a very sparse population density of 28.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bunnell have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bunnell has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.52%.