Senior Living in Burdine, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Burdine, KY: 41517
- Burdine scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Burdine scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jenkins Community Hospital, Dickenson Community Hospital, and Dickenson County Medical Ctr.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Hall - Clintwood, Letcher Manor, and Parkview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Raven Rock Golf Course, Dan Hall Mountain Resort, and Willowbrook Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Cane Patch Campground and Pound River Campground).
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including New Beginnings of God, Church of God of Prophecy, and Shelby Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $90,463, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,769, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,545, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,693 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 32.00%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burdine receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Burdine has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Burdine has a sparse population density of 105.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burdine have a very short daily commute time.
- Burdine has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.90%.