Senior Living in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Burgettstown, PA: 15021
- Burgettstown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Burgettstown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Weirton Medical Center).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Weirton Medical Center, The Wyngate Senior Living Community, and Serra Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 80 golf courses in or around the city, including Quicksilver Golf Club, Pleasant Valley Country Club, and Williams Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Hillman State Park, Raccoon Creek State Park, and Brooke Hills Park.
- There are 47 churches in or near the city, including Eldersville United Methodist, Burgettstown Presbyterian, and Our Lady of Lourdes Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,626, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,587, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,829, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.25%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burgettstown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Burgettstown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Burgettstown has a very sparse population density of 80.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burgettstown have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Burgettstown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.55%.