Senior Living in Burgoon, Ohio
Top zip codes in Burgoon, OH: 43407
- Burgoon scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Burgoon scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Memorial Hospital, Physician\'s Choice Hospital - Fremont, Llc, and Mercy Tiffin Hospital.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bethesda Care Center, Valley View Healthcare Center, and Windsor Lane Health Care Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Nature Trails Golf Course, Blue/White Course at Sycamore Hills Golf Club, and Thornwood Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Hayes Presidential Center, Young\'s RV Center, and Meadowbrook Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Fremont Assembly of Christians, Church of Christ of Apostolic, and Merkes, Fritz Pastor - Trinity United Methodist Chr.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,357, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,699, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,444, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.54%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 15% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burgoon receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Burgoon has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Burgoon has a very sparse population density of 43.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burgoon have a very short daily commute time.
- Burgoon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 75.40%.