Senior Living in Burkburnett, Texas
Top zip codes in Burkburnett, TX: 76354
- Burkburnett scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Burkburnett scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Usaf Regional Hosp-sheppard).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Evergreen Healthcare Center, Iowa Park Healthcare Center, and Texhoma Christian Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including River Creek Park Golf Course, Wind Creek, and Hawk Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Parks & Recreation, Burkburnett / Wichita Falls KOA, and Iowa Park Optimist Club.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Central Baptist Church, Janlee Baptist Church, and Abundant Life Church of God.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,771, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,654, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,702, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,369 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,868 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,500 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,047 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.52%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burkburnett receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Burkburnett has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Burkburnett has a sparse population density of 143.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burkburnett have a very short daily commute time.
- Burkburnett has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.36%.