Senior Living in Burke, Virginia
Top zip codes in Burke, VA: 22015
- Burke scores lower than the Virginia average of 78.
- Burke scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hospice Of Northern Virginia, Inova Fairfax Hospital, and No Virginia Mental Health Inst.
- There are 97 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Burke Health and Rehabilitation Center, Heatherwood, and Braddock Glen.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1011 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 100 golf courses in or around the city, including Springfield Golf & Country Club, Burke Lake Golf Center, and Country Club of Fairfax.
- There are 27 parks near the city center, including Kings Park West, Burke Lake Park, and Lake Accotink Park.
- There are 620 churches in or near the city, including St Andrew\'s Episcopal Church, Church of the Nativity, and Church of the Good Shepherd.
- There are 33 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 538 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 32 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 343 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $131,088, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $119,250, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $45,404, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.04%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burke receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Burke has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Burke has a dense population density of 5,141.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burke have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Burke has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.35%.