Senior Living in Burlingame, Kansas
Top zip codes in Burlingame, KS: 66413
- Burlingame scores lower than the Kansas average of 73.
- Burlingame scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Peterson Health Care, Vintage Park at Osage City, and Osage Nursing Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Osage City Country Club, Berkshire Country Club, and Prairie View Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Walker Gamebirds & Hunting Preserve, Osage City Recreation Director, and Osage County State Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Lighthouse Assembly of God, Auburn Presbyterian Church, and Auburn United Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,434, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,719, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,090, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $66,065 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $24,440 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.18%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burlingame receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Burlingame has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Burlingame has a very sparse population density of 17.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burlingame have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Burlingame has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.94%.