Senior Living in Burlingham, New York
Top zip codes in Burlingham, NY: 12722
- Burlingham scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Burlingham scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Horton Medical Center, Middletown Psychiatric Center, and Ellenville Regional Hospital.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fortune Road I, Montgomery Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Crystal Run Village.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Walker Valley Golf Club, Glendale Golf & Country Club, and Stony Ford Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Pine Bush Bible Camp, Berentsens Campground, and Wallkill Golf Club.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including St Paul\'s Roman Catholic Chr, Affirmative Evangelism Fllwshp, and Pine Bush United Methodist Chr.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 59 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 38 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $25,493, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $21,660, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $15,435, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burlingham receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Burlingham has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Burlingham has an average population density of 568.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burlingham have a very short daily commute time.
- Burlingham has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.