Senior Living in Burlington, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Burlington, CT: 06013
- Burlington scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Burlington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bristol Hospital, Bristol Hospital, and John Dempsey Hospital.
- There are 105 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Countryside Manor of Bristol, Shady Oaks Assisted Living, and Avon Health Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 335 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 106 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue Fox Run Golf Club, Farmington Woods Golf Course, and Red Course at Golf Club of Avon.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Talcott Mountain State Park, Black Rock State Park, and Westmoor Park.
- There are 180 churches in or near the city, including Congregational United Church, First Church of Christ, and First Church of Christ.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 166 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 134 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $119,632, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $113,250, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $43,511, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.24%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burlington receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Burlington has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Burlington has a sparse population density of 313.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burlington have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Burlington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.39%.