Senior Living in Burlington Flats, New York
Top zip codes in Burlington Flats, NY: 13315
- Burlington Flats scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Burlington Flats scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Otsego Manor, Clara Welch Thanksgiving Home, and Woodside Hall.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Stonegate Country Club at Summit Lake, Meadow Links Golf Course, and Riverbend Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Cooperstown Family Campground, Cooperstown Beaver Valley Cabins & Campsites, and Meadow-Vale Campsites.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Church, Federated Church of W Winfield, and Faith Chapel.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,828, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,573, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,253, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.14%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burlington Flats receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Burlington Flats has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Burlington Flats has a very sparse population density of 28.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burlington Flats have an average daily commute time.
- Burlington Flats has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.35%.