Senior Living in Burlington, Iowa
Top zip codes in Burlington, IA: 52601
- Burlington scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Burlington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Great River Medical Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Great River Klein Center, Bickford of Burlington, and Sunnybrook of Burlington.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Burlington Golf Club, Spirit Hollow Golf Course, and Flint Hills Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Starr\'s Cave Nature Center, Perkins Park, and Dankward Memorial Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Messiah Preschool, First Church of Nazarene, and Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.62% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,538, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,980, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,750, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.83%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burlington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Burlington has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Burlington has a sparse population density of 268.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burlington have a very short daily commute time.
- Burlington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.70%.