Senior Living in Burlington, Kansas
Top zip codes in Burlington, KS: 66839
- Burlington scores higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Burlington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Coffey County Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Life Care Center of Burlington, The Meadows, and Neosho Residence.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Rock Creek Country Club, Indian Plains Golf Course, and Lake Side Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Burlington Parks Department, Dam Site, and US Army Corps of Engineers.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including First Assembly of God, Baptist Church First, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.91% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,654, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,892, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,663, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.68%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burlington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Burlington has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Burlington has a very sparse population density of 28.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burlington have a very short daily commute time.
- Burlington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.01%.