Senior Living in Burlington, North Carolina
- Burlington scores lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Burlington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Alamance Regional Medical Center).
- There are 33 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Dee and G Enrichment Center 2, White Oak of Burlington, and A Vision Come True.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 176 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 49 golf courses in or around the city, including Alamance Country Club, Shillelagh Golf Course, and Indian Valley Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including City of Burlington - City Hall, Elon Dog Park, and Lake Cammack Park & Marina.
- There are 99 churches in or near the city, including Blessed Sacrament Church, First Baptist Church, and Morgantown Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 71 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.82% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,434, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,973, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,323, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,200 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,460 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.16%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burlington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Burlington has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Burlington has a sparse population density of 461.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burlington have a short daily commute time.
- Burlington has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.62%.