Senior Living in Burlington, North Dakota
Top zip codes in Burlington, ND: 58722
- Burlington scores significantly higher than the North Dakota average of 65.
- Burlington scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Trinity Hospitals and Trinity Health).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Somerset Court Retirement/Assisted Living, The View on Elk Drive, and Brookdale Brentmoor Minot.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Minot Country Club, Souris Valley Golf Course, and Apple Grove Golf Course.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Roughrider Campground, Minot Park District: Maysa Arena, and Jack Hoeven Park.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including Des Lacs United Methodist Chr, Living Waters Family Worship, and Southside Church of Nazarene.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Dakota has an average state income tax of 1.04%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,355, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,550, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,447, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,682 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,704 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,609 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $68,640 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.70%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burlington receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Burlington has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Burlington has a very sparse population density of 24.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burlington have a short daily commute time.
- Burlington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.87%.