Senior Living in Burlington, Vermont
- Burlington scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Burlington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Fletcher Allen Hospital Of Vermont).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including ST. JOSEPH’S RESIDENTIAL CARE HOME, Fern Hill, and Burlington Health and Rehab.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 134 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Burlington Country Club, Rocky Ridge Golf Club, and Vermont National Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Centennial Woods Natural Area, Battery Park, and Waterfront Park.
- There are 116 churches in or near the city, including St Stephen Church, St Francis Xavier, and Our Lady of Providence.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 75 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 55 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,707, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,071, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,722, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.49%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burlington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Burlington has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Burlington has a very dense population density of 8,688.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burlington have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Burlington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.08%.