Senior Living in Burlington, Washington
Top zip codes in Burlington, WA: 98233
- Burlington scores lower than the Washington average of 68.
- Burlington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Where The Heart Is, Prestige Care and Rehabilitation - Burlington, and Homeplace at Burlington.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Skagit Golf & Country Club, Avalon Golf Club(North/West Course at Avalon Golf Club ), and Eaglemont Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Mount Vernon RV Campground, Mt Vernon RV Park, and Roozengaarde.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including 1St Baptist Church, Allen United Methodist Church, and Assembly of God Arlington.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.72% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,877, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,345, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,671, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.31%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burlington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Burlington has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Burlington has a sparse population density of 439.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burlington have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Burlington has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.89%.