Senior Living in Burlington, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Burlington, WI: 53105
- Burlington scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Burlington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Aurora Memorial Hsptl Burlington).
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pine Brook Pointe, Chippewa River Housing Corporation, and Arbor View .
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 103 golf courses in or around the city, including Herbert F. Johnson Park Golf Club, Brown\'s Lake Golf Course, and Brighton Dale Links (Blue Spruce Course at Brighton Dale Links).
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Richard Bong State Recreation Area, Grand Geneva Golf Courses, and Big Foot Beach State Park.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Catholic Parish, St Charles Catholic Church, and Cross Lutheran Church-Elca.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.00% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,214, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,179, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,468, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,275 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,245 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.47%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burlington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Burlington has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Burlington has a sparse population density of 185.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burlington have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Burlington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.98%.