Senior Living in Burlington, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Burlington, WV: 26710
- Burlington scores lower than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Burlington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Potomac Valley Hospital, Potomac Valley Hospital, and Hampshire Memorial Hospital.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heartland of Keyser, Hampshire Center, and Hampshire Memorial Hospital.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Mill Creek Country Club, Polish Pines Golf Course, and Fore Sisters Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Fort Mill Ridge Wildlife Management Area, Allegheny Wildlife Management Area, and Nathaniel Mountain Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Sunnyside Church the Brethren, Keyser Church of the Brethren, and Assumption Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,200, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $33,514, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,752, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.26%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burlington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Burlington has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Burlington has a very sparse population density of 25.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burlington have a very long daily commute time.
- Burlington has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.40%.