Senior Living in Burnham, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Burnham, PA: 17009
- Burnham scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Burnham scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lewistown Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Livingcenter - William Penn, Ohesson Manor, and Elmcroft of Reedsville.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Lewistown Country Club, Indian Run Golf Course, and Lost Creek Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Reeds Gap State Park, Seven Mountains Campground, and Penn-Roosevelt State Park.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Warner Gary C, Pine Glen Christian & Missionary Alliance Church, and Donahey Darvin C.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $43,724, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,097, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,717, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.76%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burnham receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Burnham has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Burnham has an average population density of 1,350.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burnham have a short daily commute time.
- Burnham has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.25%.