Senior Living in Burnsville, Minnesota
- Burnsville scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Burnsville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Fairview Ridges Hospital, Fairview Southdale Hospital, and Minneapolis Va Medical Center.
- There are 160 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ebenezer Ridges Geriatric Care Center, Cardenas Friendship Homes 1, and Cardenas Friendship Homes 2.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 493 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 131 golf courses in or around the city, including Birnamwood Public Golf Course, Orchard Gardens Golf Course, and Apple Valley Golf Course.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Apple Valley Community Center, Lac Lavon Park, and Murphy-Hanrehan Park Reserve.
- There are 394 churches in or near the city, including Lutheran Church of Ascension, Mary Mother of the Church, and Fellowship of Kings.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 191 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 118 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.90% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,875, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,764, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,166, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.56%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burnsville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Burnsville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Burnsville has a dense population density of 2,466.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burnsville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Burnsville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.56%.