Senior Living in Burrton, Kansas
Top zip codes in Burrton, KS: 67020
- Burrton scores higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Burrton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Halstead Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Halstead Health and Rehab, Haven House, and Mt. Hope Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Wedgewood Golf Course, Hesston Municipal Golf Park, and Hesston Municipal Golf Park.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Spring Lake RV Resort, Harvey County West Park, and Pete\'s Puddle.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, Presbyterian Church, and First Mennonite Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.48% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.37% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,891, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,974, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,354, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $70,810 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,756 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.68%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burrton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Burrton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Burrton has a very sparse population density of 13.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burrton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Burrton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.91%.