Senior Living in Burt, Michigan
Top zip codes in Burt, MI: 48417
- Burt scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Burt scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Mary\'s Of Michigan Medical Center, Saginaw Va Medical Center, and Covenant Medical Center, Inc.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sloan Road Home, Elder Care, and Diane\'s Adult Foster Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Briar Ridge Golf & Country Club, Rick Smith Family Golf -Executive, and Green Acres Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge, Pine Ridge Rv Campground, and Flushing Township Nature Park.
- There are 76 churches in or near the city, including Hessler William W, Good Shepherd Church, and Montrose United Methodist Chr.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.21% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,697, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,760, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,505, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,700 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.66%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burt receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Burt has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Burt has a sparse population density of 121.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burt have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Burt has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.61%.