Senior Living in Burton, Ohio
Top zip codes in Burton, OH: 44021
- Burton scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Burton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Uh Geauga Medical Center and Heather Hill Hospital).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Burton Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, Brooks House Assisted Living, and The Pines at Brooks House .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 119 golf courses in or around the city, including Back/Front Course at Pleasant Hill Golf Course, Punderson State Park Golf Course, and Grandview Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Punderson State Park, Nelson Ledges Quarry Park, and Pioneer Waterland & Dry Fun Park.
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including Burton Congregational Church, Church of St Helen\'s, and Newbury United Community Chr.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 50 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.55% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,645, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,568, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,645, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.38%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Burton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Burton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Burton has a sparse population density of 157.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Burton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Burton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.23%.